Thursday, July 13, 2006

Illegal Aliens - America's 21st Century Slave Class

My buddy Rose just sent me a link to this article, which really got my attention and made me think about the implications of this ugly situation. The "corporate mindset" of our nation has allowed us to fail to see, or worse, ignore and do nothing about, the existence of this slave class of people in our culture, and it's causes and effects. Frosty Woodridge, the author of this article (published at Rense.com), examines the phenomenon with relentless logic, and draws some ominous conclusions.

I'm for my buddy Dave's solution - just do away with borders and national identity, let's just all be "people" together on the planet who care about ourselves and each other and live in harmony (well, that's paraphrased, but you get the idea - "Can't we all just get along?"). Well, things seem to be going to hell in a handbasket all over our nice little planet here, so apparently the answer to that is "No, sorry, we can't. We have to act like immature hormonal teenagers for a little while longer, hurt each other some more, and ourselves... maybe after we get tired of killing each other, and being killed, and using each other, and being used (etc.), and have some epiphany that shows us how childishly we're behaving, we'll stop the hatred and the killing and learn how to get along, but for now, we're just not ready yet. But thanks for asking"

God, how I wish the people with real power on this planet would "get it." Okay, I'll keep praying.

:~)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Daniel,
I stumbled across your site while looking for a friend through your photo site of Bill Compton and the great day's of radio in Phoenix.
I of course listened to KCAC/KDKB back in the day and also am now listening to radio free phoenix, odd since it's 5 in the morning and I now live in Cripple Creek Colorado.
The reason I'm writing is I got a wild hair up my ass a couple of days ago to see if a girl, well woman(some times I forget that I'm closer to 60 than 50)is still alive and well or...well whatever.
She was a girl friend of Compton's in the early 70's and her name is/was Virginia Norton.
I worked with her at an underground magazine called Orpheus before I wandered off to Nam in June of '68 and last saw her when I got back in '69 and although I was active in VVAW in Phoenix I lost contact with her.
If you have any info write back to CCWEASEL51@AOL.COM.
I like your site...love blogs, I usually haunt Atrios', Echidne of the snakes and firedoglake.
I'll stop by again. Thanks for your time.
Jim Bailey
Cripple Creek, CO

vagabondvet said...

Ah, an old Brother! Howdy, Jim, I'm glad you stopped in and left a note, thanks. And a fellow 'Nam vet, too... welcome home!

Virginia Norton, eh? I'm afraid I don't know her, but suggeset you post a query on the KCAC Lives blog, I'll bet that would generate something. I'll also email you.

Thanks for the tips about the other blogs, I'll drop in on those sites and check 'em out. Orpheus, eh? That rings bells, I'm sure I've seen it - wish my memory was better than it is.

Thanks again for the kind words, Jim, and have yourself a mighty fine good day - drop in or email me any time.

Peace...

:~)aniel