Saturday, December 30, 2006

John Edwards for President!

I'm really happy John Edwards is running for president again. Please visit his site, John Edwards for President. I learned a lot about him when I was supporting him in the last elections, and though I didn't agree with his position on every single issue, I found his proposed "Plan for America" to be pretty much in line with most of my thinking. In the two or three years since then he's gotten more experience and perspective, and his ideas about what needs to be done have gotten even better. I think he's eminently qualified, by virtue of his honesty, values, intelligence, and ability to coordinate teams of experts, and I believe he'd make a great leader ~ vote for him in 2008!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this one, brother Dan'l. In fact, my dream ticket's Edwards/Obama in 2008 - a nice blend of a Plan for America today with an Audicity of Hope for the future.

Bro. Dave

Anonymous said...

Nice to make contact with you again Vagabondvet. You live in the Northwest? Ah the good old days of JRE grassroots.org. have returned.
My dream team would be Edwards and a woman since we represent over 50% of the population. But realistically, I want Edwards/Webb -- two tough guys with the regular folks on their mind and both men of action.

vagabondvet said...

Hi, Dave, and Howdy, Montana...

Edwards/Obama would be stellar, all right. I have Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention in an mp3 file, and listened to it again recently... it sure is nice.

I like the idea of a woman as VP too, and think we might just be ready for that, but I don't see any viable candidates jumping out of the woodwork. I don't like Hilary very much. Elizabeth (Mrs. Edwards) would be great, but that's a preposterous idea. I DO like Webb, he's a vet with a son in Iraq, and has a real honest down-to-earth character that appeals. Edwards/Webb would definitely get my vote, too.

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I just wanted to thank you for your comments on the John Edward's blog today. You did an excellent job in stating what I feel as well.